By Khulekani Dumisa
Suzuki has attracted a lot of interest from the South African market with monthly sales that are an envy of many. In response to the demand for Suzuki products, the company has been adding the luxurious GLX specifications to its models. First to get the upmarket treatment was the Ignis which was followed by the Swift. It’s now the turn of the 7-seater Ertiga to get the GLX treatment.
The GLX specification offers all the amenities that are currently available on the GL model. Outside the GLX specifications sets itself apart with:
- chrome on the door handles and rear garnishes;
- reverse camera;
- 15” alloy wheels;
- front and rear mud flaps;
- front fog lamps; and
- curved LED light strip to the LED combination lamps.
In the cabin, the Ertiga GLX adds the following creature comforts:
- new wood-grain trim;
- height-adjustable driver’s seat;
- new centre console box that doubles as a central armrest;
- keyless access;
- Start/Stop button;
- automatic climate control;
- 7” touch-screen infotainment system (with Apple’s CarPlay and Google’s Android Auto); and
- 4.2” (10.6 cm) colour multi-info display in the instrument cluster.
The GLX model employs the range’s 1.5 litre 16-valve four-cylinder petrol engine which has 77 kW of power and 138 Nm of torque. Both the automatic and manual models are claimed to 6.2 litres of fuel per 100 km in a combined urban and extra-urban cycle.
The Suzuki Ertiga GLX is priced as follows:
- Manual: R267,900
- Automatic: R282,900
Prices include an extended 4-year / 60,000 km service plan and includes Suzuki’s promotional 5-year / 200,000 km mechanical warranty.
Leave a comment