By Staff Reporter
The Lexus brand has been defying the odds and growing steadily whilst some luxury brands have seen a knock on sales. To keep the momentum afoot, the Lexus IS, NX, RC and LS models have undergone some minor improvements for 2020. The changes mainly include interior and technology-focused upgrades.
Lexus IS Sedan
The Lexus IS sedan line up has been improved as follows:
- The Hybrid model (launched in December 2018) and the F Sport version now come standard the Mark Levinson 15-speaker sound system;
- The F Sport is now equipped with LED Hi (previously LED Lo) headlamps with AHB (adaptive High Beam);
- Both the Hybrid and F Sport models also get a rear sunshade as standard fitment.
- The vehicle range also includes a new colour option called Manganese Luster.
Locally, the Lexus IS line-up comprises the flagship IS 350 F Sport (revered 3.5-litre quad cam V6 engine) and IS 300 Hybrid EX, which comes with a dual 2,5-litre engine and an electric motor, as well as the 2.0-litre Turbo IS 300 EX.
Lexus NX SUV
The NX is one of the most popular models in the Lexus line-up and gets the following key changes:
- Outside, SE Hybrid model gets headlamps cleaners, headlamp levelling, power-enabled rear boot and auto re-retractable side mirrors;
- Inside, SE hybrid model gets wooden dashboard inserts, a panoramic sunroof, 60:40 power-adjustable second row seats, full leather trim as well as driver memory for the front seat;
- Both the F Sport and SE hybrid models now come standard with the Lexus Safety System which includes Pre-crash System, Lane Trace Assist and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert;
- The NX range also gets an Audio upgrade from 17MM to 17MM+ screen with Android Auto & Apple Carplay.
Lexus RC Coupe
The Lexus RC F Coupe gets the following updates:
- Electronic parking brake.
- 17-speaker Mark Levinson Sound System.
- Infotainment with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay.
Lexus LS Sedan
Squaring off with likes of Mercedes-Benz S-Class and BMW 7 Series, the flagship Lexus LS sedan has received the following updates:
- Body coulour offering has been rationalised. Terrane Khaki and Amber are no longer available for order in the LS 500, while Amber is discontinued on the LS 500 F Sport.
- Adaptive Cruise Control becomes All Speed (it was previously High Speed only).
- Lane Keep Assist is improved to include features such as Steering Vibration and Lane Trace Assist.
Lexus IS 300 EX R733,100
Lexus IS 350 F Sport R863,200
Lexus IS 300h EX R826,500
Lexus NX 300 EX R737,100
Lexus NX 300 F Sport R866,200
Lexus NX 300h SE R952,200
Lexus RC F Sport R1,009100
Lexus LS 500 R2,022,000
Lexus LS 500 F Sport R2,200,800
Lexus’ best-in-class 7-year/105,000km Warranty and Full Maintenance Plan is standard for all petrol Lexus models.
Leave a comment