By Otsile Kadiege
Toyota SA has announced accessory packages and electronic convenience add-on features catering to the needs of modern consumers for its recently launched Corolla Cross SUV which has sold more than 1,400 units thus far.
Corolla Cross accessory packages
Four bespoke exterior packages are on offer: X-Over (Crossover), Hybrid, Urban Sport, and Adventure. Priced at R23,690, the X-Over package features rugged matte black cladding on the radiator grille and front bumper, a silver front guard with three-dimensional design, matching side skirt design, rear bumper insert, window safety film and gloss-black alloy wheels (available in 17-inch and 18-inch versions).
The Hybrid package is exclusive to the Hybrid Xs and Hybrid Xr models and priced at R7,964 . Complementing the blue Toyota insignia are matching boomerang-shaped corner trim garnishes finished in metallic blue, blue side skirt inserts, rear bumper corner inserts and blue trim on the C-pillar (below the Corolla Cross badging). With the addition of the Hybrid package, the Corolla Cross Hybrid models proudly display their new-energy credentials in an eye-catching yet stylish way.
The Urban Sport package combines utility with rugged style by offering enhanced protection to the vehicle exterior while creating a unique visual identity. A black front bumper spoiler is joined by an extended side skirt and diffuser-like rear bumper insert. Priced at R18,723.
The Adventure Package amplifies the SUV appearance of the Corolla Cross with stylish exterior enhancements. A silver front bumper spoiler with raised surface detailing is accompanied by silver side skirt inserts and matching rear bumper spoiler. Priced at R18,723.
Availability and Ordering
The Adventure and Urban Sport packages are classified as a dealer-installed option (DIO), as they require painting of the components. The X-over and Hybrid packages can be applied at the time of ordering and fitted as part of the production process or alternatively be fitted retrospectively as a dealer installed option.
A host of electronic convenience aids are also available on the Corolla Cross. These are available for individual purchase and can be fitted and installed at the dealership:
- Front digital video recorder – R2,390;
- Front parking sensors (2 pcs or 4 pcs) – R3,147/R3,998;
- Rear parking sensors – R1,602;
- LED front fog lamps – R4,091;
- Wireless charger – R2,789;
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) – R4,078; and
- Heads-Up Display (HUD) – R4,422Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) – R8,836.
Electronic Accessory Packages
The following electronic packages can be fitted at the time of ordering (post-production installation):
- C-Cross Package 1 – R10,225: combines Front parking sensors, rear parking sensors, LED front fog lamps (applicable to Xi models);
- C-Cross Package 5 – R5,867: combines the digital driver recorder and wireless charger (applicable to all models);
- C-Cross Package 6 – R2,946. wireless charger;
- C-Cross Package 7 – R7,613: combines the digital driver recorder and heads-up display (applicable to all models); and
- C-Cross Package 8 – R2,922. combines the digital driver recorder (front view only).
Protection & Styling Accessories
In order to provide functional enhancement and protection to your Corolla Cross, an array of utility-themed accessories is also offered:
- Scuff plate – silver – R1,410;
- Scuff plate – silver & black – R1,731;
- Load area mat (textile) – R370;
- Load are mat (rubber coin) – R404;
- Cargo net – R703; and
- Cargo organiser – R577.
Tow bar (detachable) – R8,519Tow bar (fixed) – R7,620.
- Leather Interior (applicable to the Xi grade) – R 11,931;
- Window safety film (applicable to Xi, Xs, Xr petrol models) – enquire at dealer.
Customers thus have the option of not only customising the exterior look of their Corolla Cross, but also adding convenience features, electronic driver aids and utility-based enhancements.
Leave a comment