By Malusi Msomi
Ford has given us some safety and driver assistance insights on the next-generation Ford Ranger. These technologies play a key role in our everyday lives, so Ford has put in a lot of work developing and implementing these features. Ford says they have put in thousands of hours testing and developing these systems via both computer modeling and physical testing. The combination of passive and active safety features will help in avoiding collisions in the first place.
Testing has been done for various accident scenarios such as full-frontal, frontal offset, pole test, rear offset crash tests, pedestrian impact, roof crush tests, and more. These tests have been done with computer-aided engineering (CAE) models which have been built by Ford for these tests.
These are the key features which include new and enhanced one:
- (NEW) Post-Collision Braking;
- (ENHANCED) Pre-Collision Assist;
- (ENHANCED) Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB);
- Forward Collision Warning;
- Dynamic Brake Support;
- (NEW) Evasive Steer Assist;
- NEW) Lane-Keeping System with Road Edge Detection;
- (NEW) Active Park Assist 2.0; and
- (NEW) Cross Traffic Alert.
Leave a comment