By Malusi Msomi
The Ford Everest Platinum is one of favourite SUV’s on the market. We recently had seat time with it and we thought we should cook up a list of what we like and dislike about it.
- Powerful V6 Engine: The V6 engine provides ample power and performance, making it suitable for road trips and hauling loads.
- Quiet and Refined Ride: The quiet diesel engine and minimal wind noise contribute to a refined and peaceful driving experience.
- Spacious Cabin: The interior provides ample space for passengers, with enough legroom and headroom. The adjustable middle row backrests add to comfort.
- Advanced Features: The Platinum model offers several extra features, including an electrically-folding third row of seats and individual fan speed controls for passengers in all three rows.
- Bold looks: The Everest Platinum has quite a lot of presence thanks to large 21-inch wheels and chrome like detailing at the front.
We have very few things we dislike about the Ford Everest Platinum, and here they are.
- Size and Parking Challenges: The Everest’s large size can make it challenging to park and manoeuvre in tight spaces, despite the presence of parking cameras and proximity alarms.
- Fuel Efficiency: Despite its power, the V6 Platinum offers decent fuel efficiency, averaging 10.6l/100km on open-road trips. However, with mixed driving, especially in the city, we could only average 12.5 l/100km.
Leave a comment